Monday, April 20, 2009


I am currently enjoying a few minutes of peace as my son finishes up his nap! It has been a full 6 days while Nate was in Trinidad and I am very anxious to have my friend and co-parent home again! (If you want to see what he was up to check out his blog: www.natesykes.blogspot.com). Overall, it has been a rewarding time spent one-on-one with my growing boy. With the last of those pesky first teeth finally breaking through the gums, he has really become a much happier and OLDER child. I feel like I can't call him baby anymore!

Today we tried Kindermusik. It was a blast, right up his alley. I may try to sell off some of his old baby stuff to raise some money and take a whole session. He was having so much fun he even kissed one of the other girls... my little ladies man! He was up and dancing and just decided to say 'hi' to her, then moved in for a smack on the lips! Too cute.

I made the most delicious portobello mushroom/pico de gallo/guacamole/asiago cheese dinners while Nate was gone thinking that it was NOT something that he would enjoy, but as I described it to him over our video chat's he expressed his desire to try it, so Xander and I will be creating it again to share with Dad.

Google chat is amazing. We used to use Skype, but you have to sign-in and the video chat never works well for us. We switched to Google chat months ago, but this was the first real international test and it was perfect! Xander got used to sitting in front of the computer and expecting to see his Dad's face looking back, he even refused to go to bed at night unless he saw Nate just before slipping under the covers... 15 minutes earlier was not good enough! He is at a great age for understanding things like this, so much better than when he was younger and just cried until Nate came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment