Thursday, April 23, 2009

Schedules

Are schedules bad? I sometimes believe that is what my husband thinks. While I don't enjoy a rigid life, I do find that life with an almost 2 year old is greatly enhanced by following a general routine. In fact, it seems to give me more freedom, not less.

Knowing the needs of my crazy family and planning each day to fulfill those needs typically means that everyone feels fairly secure, fulfilled, and content. Which also means that we then have the freedom to randomly change things up, go the beach out of the blue, or stay up late. But most importantly it usually means having free time on a daily basis.

So, are schedules bad? Am I loosing my fun side :-) Let me know your thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. No, you're not losing your fun side, you just like some amount of order!! Although, I love having no schedule right now, but I do understand that when you have a child it's a lot easier to keep them on a bit of a schedule! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is Sarah on mom's computer! Sorry :P

    ReplyDelete